Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Some of my lovelies...

A 'la Heidi: Hello.

Ahhhh...  Nobody can say "Hello" like Heidi.  :)

Anyways...  I don't have any pictures of the Missy Moo Halloween Dress for you today, but I do have pictures of some of my most recent dresses that I thought I would share with you.  I plan on going back and making tutorials for them, but that's for another day.

Up first is a woman's shirt to toddler dress reconstruction.  What this dress boils down to is shirred goodness for the bodice and straps and some lovely lace.

I got this woman's button-up shirt at my local thrift shop during their "Bag Sale".  Basically, everything you can cram into a paper grocery sack is $2.  Quite a steal!  Most of the tutes out there for this kind of dress are made out of men's shirts.  I find those to be uninteresting, fabric-wise, so used this one instead.

Missy Moo is pretty hesitant to wear this dress (though she loves it) because I accidentally scratched her with a pin when fitting the straps.

She LOVES taking vanity shots of new dresses on the stairs.  Notice the crossed leg and "princess hands".  What a ham.

My original thought for these dresses was, "How cute would it be if I made them matching dresses from different fabric?!"  Didn't happen though.  LOL.

The cutie in the Cars dress is our buddy Amelia and this was made to commemorate her second birthday.  Happy Birthday pretty girl!

You can't really tell from this picture, but the bodice is pleated and nice and pouffy.  That yellow band around her middle is actually sewn in place and ties in the back.  The straps are strips of bias tape, tied into a bow.

I had a lot of fun taking that rather boy-ish Cars fabric and using it in a charming, girly way.  It doesn't hurt that the model is so sweet and smily.

Missy Moo's top didn't fit properly under the arms when I did my mock up, so I scrapped the angled arm area and decided to make it a tube topped dress.  The bodice is edged with coordinating bias tape and she chose the fabric for the skirt.  Didn't guess that, did you?

If you look really close, you can see the bodice detailing I did on this one.  I divided the bodice up into sections and, well, I think it's called pinstripe tucks.  Maybe?  Well, that's what I'm calling it.

After the pinstripe tucks were sewn up, I did lines of sewing, one after the other, in opposite directions to give the fabric a fluttery look.

The back is shirred and the dress has halter straps.  As you can see, she really likes it.  However, I do think I am going to add a sash/belt thing to this one because I think the middle is missing something.

I hope to have some Missy Moo Halloween Dress pictures and TUTORIAL (!!!) up by the end of next week.

Well, my mom is calling (on the phone...), so I guess it's time to go!  Ciao ev'rybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment