Friday, August 20, 2010

Heart Quilt

Hello,

I've been bad - very, very bad.  Instead of working on the Halloween dress, I've been flirting with a new quilt.  If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty darn exhausted - mentally and physically.

It all began innocently enough.  I was trolling around on One Pretty Thing and saw this oh so cute patchwork skirt at Moda Bake Shop (link here.)  Then, I saw they've got their tutorials listed as "Recipes" to continue their bakery theme.  So, I thought, "The skirt is cute.  Let's look at their other stuff."

Oh, dear reader, this was my downfall.  They have SO many amazing projects over at Moda Bake Shop!  If you'd like to take a looksie, click here.  But, beware.  You will want to make everything they offer and you will have trouble going to bed because you'll still be thinking of their amazingness!

So, after having an exceptionally lovely afternoon with some buddies, where we talked about an upcoming possible quilt, I thought to myself, "Look at their quilts!  Go on!"

I instantly fell in love with this one.  Go on.  Click on the link.  It won't hurt you...much.

Yes, isn't it beautiful?  That quilt prompted this mess:

Please ignore the glaring highlighter yellow!  I promise that's not what it'll look like once done.  That stupid grid gave me indigestion!  I had to draw it twice and I still didn't get it right!  Ugh.  (The green sashing section isn't the proportional size.  LOL.)  (I don't know why I'm laughing.  It isn't funny...)

Anyways, the finished quilt will be 37 inches x 49 inches - as that is the size of the blanket I will be re-covering.  I love re-covering blankets because the new version incorporates all that came before it and nothing is lost or trashed.  It's just a good old recycling!

It will have a 3 inch border all around with appliqued heart squares in the corners and in the rows.  The rows will be approximately 7 inches x 31 inches and the sashing will be patchworked pieces 2 inches x 31 inches.  See?

Well, it'll have to wait though.  I've still got that dress tute to finish.  I wonder why I'm dragging my heels on that.  You want to know too?  Well, if you figure it out, let me know because I certainly don't know.

Perhaps this quilt can be my very first quilt along!  You like that?  Me too.  We'll keep in touch about this.  After all, I can't just let the last 3 hours of my life that it took to draw this up and figure out the measurements and then to blog about it go to waste!

1 comment:

  1. Oh the pain of other peoples creativity!lol. Had fun yesterday! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete