Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Missy Moo's Halloween Dress TUTORIAL - FAIL!!!

Blog deleting fairy?
OH MY GOSH.

OH MY GOSHY GOSH GOSH.

I am out of words.

I do not know what just happened, but this thing just deleted two weeks of work.  In the midst of me correcting some measurements for the bodice, everything just vanished.  And, since when you're in Edit mode it automatically saves itself every couple seconds, it saved the blank screen before I could Undo it.

Please excuse this interlude:  F***(!(U#IR()W&$()*&QU*EI*U*(REUQQQ*EU*%(U#%(*^*^(*^

I am insanely sorry, but I do not think I CAN retype and refigure all this out again without going INSANE.  I didn't write any of it down - not a bit.  It was all typed.

I think I hate you, BLOGGER.

On a different note, maybe this is a good thing.  I was finding that some of my measurements were slightly off in vital spots and that I was having to improvise with my sample dress - which is really more the length of a tunic.

Ugh.  Ugh.  Ugh.

My mother's solution is to go drink some tea.  I don't think so.  Give me the hard stuff: milk and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

Ugh ugh ugh.  Well, at least Missy Moo's dress is shaping up nicely even if you can't see the work in progress.  Want a looksie into what you're not getting a tutorial on today?  Okay.  Here it is:

Full on ZOMBIE mode!
See?  The bodice is a little too short in the waist and I should have made more of an allowance for the neckline where the applique is.  Also, the skirt part is too short for a dress and I wanted the sleeves a bit longer.  *sigh*  Oh well.

FYI: I still need to hem the skirt and put some elastic in those sleeve-y bits.  However, I can't convince her to take it off!  She has been begging for this dress for two weeks and isn't about to give it back to me now.

I have saved all the pictures I took, so it's not inconceivable that one day I might get back the strength to retype all that was lost - perhaps a little closer to Halloween?  Anyways, I'll leave you with these:



She picked this out herself.  What a crazy imagination she must have.  I love her!

*sigh*  I guess I'll go clean up my mess now.  There's all kinds of cast off scraps everywhere and all they remind me of is failure - though, it wasn't REALLY my fault I don't think.

Early to bed is early to rise.  Tomorrow will be another day.  Let's hope my crafting mojo is back on track and that Blogger never, ever, EVER messes me up this epically again.

Goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahaaa! But I love her imagination.

    The measurement mishap will just have to be a blessing in disquise. I'm sure Arielle loves being measure anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deleting Fairy? That's a good one. She certainly looks like she is having FUN (even if you are not)... sorry about the vanishing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So not good. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete