Monday, September 6, 2010

You've eaten my bread...

Sorry for the hiatus.  Daddy-Man has been off lately, and I find I don't have as much time to write when he's around.

We took a trip down to D.C. last week and it was great.  Missy Moo decided that we were going to the zoo and nothing would dissuade her.  We also made it out to Columbia without having to visit Sears Automotive.  Big yay for that!

Today's pictures are from our trip to Burba Lake (which is really a glorified pond).  We played at the new "sensory" park and then walked around the pond, looking at wildlife.

I'm not entirely sure why it's called a "sensory" park, but Missy Moo really enjoys it.  If you're a Ft. Meade-r, you should check it out!  It's behind the base library.

While we're talking about parks, please allow me to share something that really gets on my nerves: rude children.

Every time we go to a park, Missy Moo says something like, "I'm SO excited to find a friend today to play with!"  She usually spends the first several minutes at the park asking various children, "Will you be my friend?  Would you like to play with me?"  Eventually, she finds one.  Today, however, she was rudely rebuffed by not one, not two, but THREE kids with virtually the same response: "Ew!  I don't want to play with YOU.  You're too little!"

This puts me in mind of a time we went to Chic-Fil-A and three African American kids decided to loudly play "Keep Away From The White Girl!"  Missy Moo ended up in tears because these three kids kept running and hiding from her and acting like she had the plague.  When I went to pick her up, their mother looked me in the eye and was all, "Yeah, I heard them.  What are you going to do about it?"

Seriously, what are parents teaching their kids today?  Aren't we all supposed to accept each other and revel in our differences?  Aren't we supposed to be kind and do unto others as we would have done to us?

Wow.  Sorry.  Angry mommy rant.  These kids, I tell ya!  They SERIOUSLY get on my nerves.  Where do they learn this stuff?  At home.  Who teaches them?  Their parents.  What can be done about it?  I don't know.  I mean, I get that those 3 kids today were a bit older, but they didn't have to be so rude!  As to those kids at Chic-Fil-A, well, nothing can excuse them for their behavior.

Anyways, here are some pictures from today:

I've been working on some renn fest princess headbands lately and she's got one draped around her neck.  She refused to leave it behind at the house for fear that the hair mice would get it.

We figure that because the ducks eat our bread, that gives us leave to chase them!  Like her dress?  It's actually a maternity shirt.  LOL.

Thankfully, she's a happy child and even those mean kids couldn't keep her down.  We saw Canadian geese, a giant snapping turtle, a little red eared slider, some blue gills, a bunch of ducks, and some caterpillars.

We also toured the RV park.  I should mention a very helpful and polite person we met today - a young boy, maybe 7 or 8.  He punched in the code to get into the bathrooms at the RV park for us.  Maybe there is hope for the adults of tomorrow.



Regardless, I hope Missy Moo is strong enough to ROAR at the rudeness and not let it faze her.

No comments:

Post a Comment