Saturday, September 25, 2010

Another day at the Renaissance Festival

The Daddy-Man got some free tickets for the Maryland Renaissance Festival, so that's where we spent our day today.  That's where we were last weekend too.



I must confess that I wasn't loving it as much as I did last weekend.  Several things conspired to poo-poo the day for me.  1) It was hot and humid - not quite Louisiana humid, but close.



2) There were BILLIONS of people - okay, not really.  Just a bunch.  3) Missy Moo was being a serious space cadet.  She kept walking into people, she kept wiping her face paint on me (even though I told her a million times not to!), she almost tripped a little old man.  And, every time I corrected her, she'd go crying off to The Daddy-Man.  Ugh.



4) If taken separately this next combo of evils isn't so bad, but combined they were killer: seriously dirty feet and a really long trek back to the car.  For some reason, I was having an internal fit on our walk back to the car because my feet were dirty and I couldn't stand it.  This is pretty weird for me, but it is what it is.



There were two things today that made it almost all better though.  The first was that I got to watch The Rogues today!  They are an amazing Celtic/Scottish band from the U.S.


And the second is that the Daddy-Man came through on his promise of Popeyes for dinner.  It's really a shame that the local Yankee population has mangled the spiciness of Popeyes, so much so that the HOT tastes like a New Orleans mild.  But, they had air conditioning and iced green tea.  Good enough for me!



Really though, if you want to know the truth, what I really, really enjoyed about Popeyes was that I got to wash my feet in their bathroom sink.  Yeah.  That was AMAZING.  If I had had my camera while I was in there, I would have taken you guys a close up of my dirty feet, followed by a beaming smile from me due to my clean feet status, and then the wet shoe prints I left as Missy Moo and I left the bathroom.

All in all, I guess I enjoyed my day.  I think that our recently busy schedule just caught up to me today.  We've just been going, going, going for the last 5 or 6 weekends and I'm tired.  We had those 2 trips to D.C., the 2 trips to the ren fest, a trip to Oktoberfest, and, before all this, two weekends spent spending too much money on the car at the Columbia Mall.  I fear it's not going to stop anytime soon either.  We've got an end of season soccer party at (of all the horrid places!) Chuck E. Cheese and then a birthday party for a lovely lady Squid of my acquaintance coming up soon.

Oh well.  Better to just live in the moment.  And, in this moment, I am going to go to bed - after I wash off my face paint.  So, ciao.

1 comment:

  1. I love, love the wings, they came out beautifully! Also, jealous of The Rogue viewing!!

    ReplyDelete