Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I just knew this would happen...

Weeks ago, I thought to myself, "I'll get a jump on Halloween and make Missy Moo's costume now!  Oh, how clever I am!"  I proceeded to pat myself on the back.

However, I didn't count on Miley Cyrus ruining my plans.

(P.S. Pause Erik Satie over on the left so you can fully enjoy the video...)



One of my old schoolfellows posted this video to her Facebook page and, on a whim, I clicked it this morning while Missy Moo and I were eating our cereal.

Let me just say, Missy Moo was MESMERIZED.  Over the course of the day, we have watched this over a dozen times - probably close to two.  She tells me, "When I'm older, momma, I'm going to sing and dance like that bird lady.  When I grow up, I will be a bird and I will fly all by myself, someday, momma."

So, it only followed that she'd ask to dress like Miley too.

Well, I'm a little bit bummed that she's only worn her pink fairy costume once, but you can never have too many costumes.  Also, I'd like her to win the neighborhood costume contest again this year and while the pink fairy costume is nice, I don't think it's a winner.

So, here's what I've come up with!




The last two pictures aren't the best, but you get the idea, right?  The bodice/top will be thin strapped and it'll be black with black feathers (or fabric feathers) on it.  The colored feather section will be sort of like a bustle, though I'm toying with the idea of just making it an overskirt.  The second layer of feathers, the black ones, would extend to the ground.  Those last, long black feathers would be like a train.

I'm having trouble thinking of some form of headdress.  If you look at the middle picture, you'll see that I've got two ideas: 1) feather thingies sticking up from the top of her head, 2) some form of little hat thingy that's got a bird face on it and beak.  If you've got a suggestion, I'd LOVE to hear it.

What I'm really excited about are the wings!  They'll be like fingerless gloves and I'm toying with the idea of making her some talons - though those don't belong on wings...  LOL.

So, yeah.  I foresee a trip to JoAnn's in my future!  I'll keep you posted on this latest development.  You might even got a tutorial or two...  Who knows?  We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. I think its going to be great! For the head dress if it were me I'd make her a mohawk with some braided pieces, teased like mad and have feathers coming out of it.lol. I cant wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete