Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hip hip HOORAY! Halloween is coming!

Oh my giddy god.  Guess what I just remembered is right around the corner?  Guess.

HALLOWEEN!

Mwhahahahaaaa!  I LOVE Halloween and I am oh SO EXCITED that it is now September which means it's one month closer to HALLOWEEN!

However, with this remembrance comes a tinge of bitterness as I was TOTALLY gipped last year in the base-wide yard decorating contest.  See for yourself:



See?  My yard was pretty darn good and almost 100% homemade.  My friend, JR, let me borrow some of her store bought stuff for extra ambiance.  Instead of winning, at least for my neighborhood, some guy who put out a pumpkin at a cafe table and then put up a couple lights did.  Oh the injustice!

At least Missy Moo won for best costume!  I'd like to point out that it too was 100% homemade - except for the headband which was a throwback from Easter...


(Incidentally, if you'd like to make yourself one of these skirts, you can find the tutorial here at IndieTutes.  Charity makes some of the most beautiful stuff EVER and she usually offers the how-to up for free.)

Anyways, this year, I AM GOING TO WIN.  Yep.  I am.  I TOTALLY am.  And, it won't just be the neighborhood contest.  Oh no.  It's gonna' be the base-wide contest.  I am PUMPED!

Let me just take a moment to thank the someone who was instrumental in the tombstone making process: my very great and good friend, Erin, mother of the oh so charming Amelia.


Erin, without your help, those tombstones would never ever have been made.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  I am glad we now have jigsaws.  I hope we have many more wonderful crafting experiences!

And, because I can, here's a picture of the coolest Squid I know:


So, yeah.  I am psyched about Halloween.  In the interest of sharing some coolness, here you go!

1) Mr. Bottle Bones - Here's a great recycling project that turns into a really great SKELETON!
2) Dave Lowe - Mr. AMESOME! - He doesn't call himself Mr. Awesome, but he should.  Here's a list of some of his Halloween decorating tutorials!
3) Pumpkin Rot - This site is great for inspiration!

Fear not!  I will almost undoubtedly share every super cool Halloween thing I find!  And, expect some tutes on outside Halloween yard decor!

Peace.  Love.  AND HALLOWEEN!!!

1 comment: