Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Voodoo and Snow White


Whenever given a chance, Missy Moo likes to steal my pins.  She likes to stick them into all kinds of things: pillows, sofa cushions, teddy bears...  Today, this is where I found them: in Snow White.  I'm pretty sure this isn't an anti-Snow White demonstration.  Rather, this is Missy Moo practicing sewing skills that she sees me using.  I must say, I'm pretty excited about the day when she makes her first sewn thingy.  My pride will know no end.



Until then, I'll just let her help me with my projects - which, usually, are really her projects.  For example:


We started this dress last night and finished it tonight.  It was insanely easy and cheap.  Total, I think I spent less than $5 on the costume satin at WalMart (and I have enough to make 2 more dresses) and maybe 3 hours cutting, piecing, and sewing. It would have been less sewing time if I hadn't had to bind every edge without a serger!

For my pattern, I used a wonderful one from Charity over at IndieTutes.  This particular pattern is really a how-to for a peasant top which I shortened.  Then I whipped up a skirt, bunched it with some clear elastic (thanks for introducing that to me Charity!  I LOVE it!), and sewed the top to the skirt.  Truly, I kid you not, this was SO easy.  You should give it a try!

Snow White is waving goodbye!

2 comments:

  1. The dress is fantastic! I wish I could make costumes... no time and no talent here!

    ReplyDelete