Friday, November 26, 2010

Life According to Missy: Why she needs her own tree

We were out and about the other day and happened to pop on in to Target as I needed to get some more ornament hooks.  Having been raised by a mother that likes to put Christmas music on for Thanksgiving dinner, I've always been rather anti-traditional Christmas stuff and I HATE Christmas music.



So, that means when it comes time to decorate our Christmas tree, I like it to be pretty non-traditional and decorated with completely hand-made ornaments.  Every year I make a new batch of ornaments and that day I needed more hooks.



Anyways, we're wandering around in the "Christmas Crap," as I call it, and Missy spots some little Christmas trees that are the perfect size, just for her.  Immediately she started up with, "Oh!  It's SO cute!  Can I have this?  Can I have this?!  Please, please, PLEASE!!!"



Normally I don't give in to what I call "Terrorist Demands" but she was so earnest and so very cute that I started to bend.



I said, "And why do you think you need this tree?"

She replied, "We've got our family tree downstairs and that's for our FAMILY but this tree is just for me."



I asked her, "Aren't you part of our family and so isn't the 'Family Tree' your tree too?"

To which she replied, "That's the family tree for you guys, and this is my tree.  I love this tree because I do."



Really, what can you say to that?  So, of course it ended up coming home with us.

PS: Mother, I understand now why you were always eager to put up all your Christmas Crap.  I myself have had our tree up for nearly 2 weeks now.  I'm sorry.  However, I still hate Christmas music.

No comments:

Post a Comment